Article I: Name
VII: Executive Council
CHAPTER 10: Meetings
Section 1: Annual Session
1) There shall be a Spring Session consisting of the meeting of the Executive Council,
meeting of the Member Meeting and the scientific session.
2) Time and location shall be determined by the Council with due notification given to the
3) The Executive Council shall hold its meeting before the Member Meeting.
4) Council Members are required to attend all meetings. Members, who are absent from
three (3) consecutive sessions, without being excused, shall have their membership
terminated, according to the provisions of Chapter 2, Section 5 of these by-laws.
5) Guest attendance at a Spring Session is by invitation. Each General, Honorary and Life
Member may propose two (2) guests for invitation. The number of guests will be
determined by the available accommodation. The guests shall be permitted to attend all
meetings of a session, other than business sessions. They shall be required to pay a
non-member registration fee as determined by the Council. The fee shall not be less than
the annual dues of the General and CAED Affiliates.
6) The scientific session shall consist of presentations of professional subjects related to
aesthetics and/or dental medicine. The program chairmen will determine the length of
7) Commercial products and/or exhibits shall not be permitted to be presented in a lecture
unless specifically determined either by the Council or the Program Committee.
8) The Academy may support the lecturers and moderators within the limits appearing in
Section 2: Special session
A special session may be called by the Council or upon written petition signed by fifty percent
(50%) of General and Life Members.
CHAPTER 11: Emergency provision
It shall take a majority vote of the Council to declare if an emergency exists. During a
declared emergency, the officers and elected members of the Council shall remain in office
until the emergency is ended. The Council shall determine the feasibility of holding meetings
and shall prescribe the type of meeting to be held during such emergencies.
CHAPTER 12: Amendments
Amendments to by-laws may be recommended by a two-thirds (2/3) vote for the Executive Council and
adopted by a three-quarters (3/4) vote of the Council Members, providing notice of the
proposed amendments shall have been submitted in writing
CHAPTER 13: Suspension of by-laws
The bylaws may be suspended by a three-quarters (3/4) majority vote of the members
present and voting at a Member Meeting.
CHAPTER 14: Policy Procedures
The Executive Council shall establish the policies and procedures to carry out the goals of the
Academy as stated in the bylaws
The name of the association shall be the Chinese Academy of Esthetic Dentistry (CAED).
The purpose of this Academy is:
1. To promote the pursuit of excellence in dental treatment, both intra and extra oral, and
thus improve the well being and function of the entire person.
2. To stress the importance of health and function to attain the optimum in esthetics.
3. To encourage human relationships and foster communication and research among all
disciplines of dentistry and medicine.
4. To promote a comprehensive teaching of esthetics and function in university curricula.
5. To foster a better understanding and greater awareness of esthetic principles and
techniques within the profession and the public.
The Academy is not organised for profit and no part of net earnings, if any, shall inure to the
benefit of any person: they shall be devoted exclusively to the uses and purposes of the
Academy as defined in the foregoing section.
There shall be annual Member Meeting of the Academy, in combination with a scientific
Members may be classified as General, Life, and Honorary. The status of those people who are
in the process of applying for membership is defined as CAED Affiliate.
he qualifications, rights and obligations of each member group will be determined in the bylaws.
The officers of the Academy shall all be members of the Executive Council
All these officers shall be elected under the provisions of Chapter 3, Section 2 of the by-laws.